• Please log in to reply
198 replies to this topic

#1 Hidan1337

Hidan1337

The Immortal Hunter

• Moderators
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 07:48 PM

Starting this topic as I see lots of questions being repeated on the forums over and over again within new topics. I'll try to be as thoroughly as possible. I will not be looking at enemy monsters from the chapters nor will I discuss anything related to the offline story. All these missions are relatively easy to complete. if you need help building a team for something then please refer to the "rate/build my team" Thread.

List of Topics that will be discussed: ( I will not be able to type this guide out in one go so I'll update this list as I go along and will create an initial list for myself to know where I quit )

1. Choosing your Starter

2. First Gold egg

2.1 Last Biters

2.2 Effective use of gems

3. Offline Story

3.1 Progress through the isles

3.2 Isle Dungeons

3.3 Tournament Battles

3.4 Key Monsters on each Isle worth getting

4. Online Play

4.1 Story missions

4.2 Special events

4.3 Ultra-evolve Quests

4.4 Side Quests

4.4.1 Side Missions

4.4.2 Trainers Dojo

4.4.3 Labyrinth of the 4 guardian beasts

4.4.4 The Six Trials

5. Monster battles

5.1 Monster Types

5.2 Monster strategies

5.3 PvP Meta

5.3.1 Opening line-ups

5.4 PvE Events

5.4.1 Ultimate Challenge

5.4.2 Survival of the fittest

5.4.3 Island Challenge

5.4.4 Dungeon Challenge

5.4.5 Super Challenge Battle

---To Be continued---

1. Choosing your Starter

The game begins in a pokemon style fashion. I'll cut to the chase here you will have 4 types to choose from. Water, Thunder, Fire and Ground.

the choice used to be normally relevant but since the new permanent feature: Labyrinth of the 4 guardian beasts the choice really does not matter so go with your favourite.

Their final evolutions are as displayed below:

Attached File  Galvboss.jpg   9.76KB   11 downloads

Attached File  Redkong-0.jpg   19.69KB   7 downloads

Attached File  Viridizarus.jpg   11.04KB   7 downloads

Attached File  Wolfrozen.png   66.16KB   9 downloads

I'll leave it to your imagination who turns into what *cough*

anyway shortly after obtaining your starter you will get a free 3 star monster that will turn into Leobolt as final form which is an electric type monster.

Attached File  Leobolt.jpg   12.38KB   7 downloads

2. First Gold Egg

I am no longer sure whether this method is possible ever since they updated the egg hatch feature into a bird-nest type of thing.

Please leave a comment if you have verification whether it still works.

UPDATE: AlbinoRhino confirmed it is still possible as of 18-08-2016

After the initial opening you will get your first 5 gems and you will be able to roll your first egg. There are three levels of monsters you can obtain from the egg.

Epic ( Common )

Super Epic ( Uncommon )

Legendary ( Very Rare )

What you would want from your first egg is to get a legendary. It used to be (and should still be) possible to get a legendary on this first free roll you get.

Keep trying to restart the opening sequence to obtain at least a legendary from your first egg. It will help you go far in the game.

2.1 Last Biters

There are two Legendary monsters in the game known as "Last Biters". These monsters are named this way as they are able to use the move "Last Bite"

Last bite: 50 seconds - Deal critical damage to one opponent and heal for 50% of damage dealt. (Must be last monster on the field in order to use)

optimally speaking you would acquire one of these two in your first egg. With the right strategy and knowledge of opponents monsters you can quickly turn a battle of 1 VS 10 around and end up to win it off a Last Biter alone.

The Two Last Biter monsters are:

PENGUINI

Attached File  Penguini.jpeg   13.79KB   16 downloads

GOLROCK

Attached File  Golrock.jpg   3.54KB   14 downloads

If you are tired of reloading or simply want to continue to play the game just go with the first legendary you get. These two are just the best when it comes to beating online events as early as possible.

NOTE: do not take this lightly. please read the PVE Events section of the guide to consider whether you think its worth to keep trying for penguini or golrock. It will help you a lot in these PvE events which are a vital part of the game.

2.2 Effective use of gems

I will mention this early as it is very important especially for free users. Along the way of doing the offline and online campaigns as well as various events and side missions you will be given gems (the Premium currency in this game to roll eggs which is the only way to obtain legendary monster).

The most effective way of spending these gems is to not use them on eggs right away. Around holiday times an "Event egg" pops up. it's called "Legendary Festival" and the egg type is a "Festival egg".

Festival eggs have a much higher chance (1/18) than normal eggs (1/50) to get you a legendary monster. Moreover you are able to get any of the limited legendary monsters that are only available for the duration of the festival. Thus the best use for gems is to save them up until such a festival comes along.

3. Offline Story

After the opening sequence the game begins with you going to battle several trainers in order to attempt to become the grand champion. I will not care for details about the story too much and let you discover this yourself. this is merely to explain the isles work and more importantly which monsters are relevant getting on which isles.

3.1 Progress through the isles

To progress through the isles you must defeat several trainers on in order to advance to a tournament like setting. The isles require you to walk around. On the isle you encounter random monsters and a few "rare" ones.

don't get too excited.. Rare actually means 2 star monsters while very rare means 3 star monsters. These monsters are not of much value to your average long-term player. If you are free to play and a festival egg is not in sight they might prove valuable to you though to advance in the story. So try to catch as many of them as you can in that case.

Important to note: you cannot use the same monster twice in your lineup so do not bother to catch 2 of the same type.

As you battle you gather training points that are used to level up your monsters. The game does a good job at explaining how the card training system works so I will leave it up to the game to explain.

3.2 Isle Dungeons

Each Island has several dungeons containing 3 star or 4 star monsters. You will have to fight these monsters and while doing so capture one of them to obtain them - Note: BOSS type monsters (which is nothing more than the evolved form of the other monster you encounter in these battles) cannot be caught during the fight.

yet again, do not get too excited. The stats of these monsters are severly buffed when you battle them. once in your possession their stats will decrease tremendously. They are still good additions to your team though if you are a free player so do not fret to go back to islands you've already beaten to obtain these monsters for your team.

3.3 Tournament Battles

After defeating all the trainers on an island a battle will be held for the cup. I have never lost a battle in this cup so it will be hard to tell you what happens if you do (just try to win them it is not that hard!).

By winning (or ending in top 2) of the tournament cup you will unlock extra monster slots for your team.

You will also increase your team cost so you can hold more / stronger monsters in your team lineup. You can spy on the enemy lineups if you want (as far as I know this does not cost you anything) right before the battle and edit your team accordingly.

Once you've won the cup the next Island will unlock and a new set of trainers will present themselves for you to beat up.

3.4 Key Monsters on each Isle worth getting

This part is for the more advanced players. Some monsters although 1 star 2 star or 3 star monsters which are generally considered as weak have some super relevant movesets which can prove to be invaluable in PvP or PvE events.

Examples of Such skills are:

Knockback - Knock backs an enemy monster to the end of their team

Stun bomb - sacrifices the monster and stuns all enemy monsters on the field for 200 Seconds (NOTE: Last patch nerfed the low level stun bombers creating a new skill called stun burst which stuns for 150 seconds instead of 200)

I will not go into too much detail on the knockback monsters here. These monsters are generally useful in PvP.

For now I'll focus on the Stun bombers as they can actually help you out to beat the game and beat PvE events.

Stormfox  4 cost monster --- LOCATION: Cursed island - northeren snow part

Attached File  Stormfox.png   13.64KB   14 downloads

Islandoe  5 cost monster --- LOCATION: Tropical isles Grass Island north west of Weikan near the coast (note it is actually his unevolved form called Leafdoe)

Attached File  Islandoe.jpg   7.08KB   13 downloads

Seasteed  7 cost monster --- LOCATION: Southeren Dungeon on the Tropical Isles

Attached File  Seasteed.jpg   9.25KB   6 downloads

Raijin  7 cost monster --- LOCATION: Cursed island - northeren snow part

Attached File  Raijin.jpg   7.25KB   7 downloads

Fluferno 5 cost monster --- LOCATION: Cursed Island - Near Rashar in the grass

Attached File  Flufferno.jpg   8.61KB   8 downloads

Other monsters worth Mentioning are the Death Revenge monsters

As the name suggests these monsters randomly take out one of their opponents with them when they die.

Next to that these monsters have a move called "Death Roulette" which randomly kills one monster on the field (it can also kill your own monsters).

There are some event only and legendary monsters that have this skill but the two catchable ones are:

Rhynobrawl --- LOCATION: Desert island - Near Mardus on the south riverbank (it is actually his unevolved form Rhynorunt)

Attached File  Rhynorunt.png   21.93KB   9 downloads(rhynorunt)

Attached File  Rhynobrawl.png   56.95KB   8 downloads(RhynoBrawl)

Puffoxin --- LOCATION: Tropical isles completely west of the map west of Weikan near the water

Attached File  Puffoxin.jpg   10.73KB   8 downloads

DO NOTE: if you use poison gas and hit your Puffoxin / Rhyno with it their Death Revenge will not trigger due to them hitting Hold ground and then dying so be sure not to use it unless you wanna set up poison monsters.

4. Online Play

Just a small note: Online play actually requires your phone to have an internet connection either stable (when doing PVP) or at certain intervals (when loading into an event or battle and when trying to obtain rewards)

for most of the online activities you require tickets. These tickets regenerate at 1 every 10 minutes. When you level up your tickets get refilled to your maximum.

At the highest rank (100) your total ticket amount will be 96 and your team cost will be 173. online activities (permanent) as well as Live events (for a certain amount of days) will give you EXP points and increase your rank.

As far as I am aware there's no intention to increase the Rank cap and team cost cap at the moment.

4.1 Story missions

The first online activities which is basically a ''side story'' next to the main events happening in the offline story, is nothing much more than just an endless amount of battles against pre-set AI players.

Each chapter will have 7 realms which in turn have 5 levels that you must complete. Each realm belongs to one element safe for the final one which is a mixture of all elements.

Also the first chapter only has two realms instead of 7.

there are a total of 6 chapters available right now (7th chapter is on "coming soon" status).

Chapter 4-6 have buffed monsters in them so you will find these opponents very tough to beat. 

The chapters 2-6 are also special in the sense that you can obtain ultra-evolve ingredients (more on that later) in them when doing the "Dungeon" level. To determine which type of element ingredient you want you need to pick the realm with the corresponding element.

below an overview:

Chapter 2: Bottles & Bronzemouth
Chapter 3: Pixies & Bronzemouth
Chapter 4: Harps & Silvermouth
Chapter 5 & 6: Lamps (Genies) & Silvermouth

if you do not care about the element you get and just want to get ingredients it is advised to just do the corresponding ultra-evolve ingredient mission.

4.2 Special events

Special events are events that appear every now and then when Developers decide to put them into the game. There are many different kind of events. I will discuss how each event works in a later chapter where also the most common strategies used in the events will be discussed in order to reach as far or as high as possible.

4.3 Ultra-evolve Quests

As explained earlier you can obtain ingredients doing the dungeon levels within the different chapters. There is however no guaranteed chance you will obtain ingredients when doing these missions.

The ultra-evolve quests garantuee the appearance of ingredient monsters but it is completely at random which element type you will get so a bit of luck is involved.

It is also important to note that some monsters have as low as a maximum 43% capture chance so even when you encounter your element type that you need, there's a chance he will still escape you.

Each of these ingredient missions will net you with experience rewards so if everything fails at least you're closer to leveling up.

I will take special note of ingredients that you are unable to get outside of ingredient missions or special events.

1. Pyramids:

The Pyramids also each have one type per element (below displayed the dark element pyramid "Noxmid")

Attached File  Noxmid.jpg   4.38KB   6 downloads

there are a few extra special pyramids one of which was added very recently to ultra-evolve the new legendary monsters namely:

Cryptamid

update - got a picture. as stated before its available from pyramid missions:

Attached File  cryptamid.png   796.54KB   7 downloads

The last pyramid like monster is an "Omega mid" this omegamid monster is only obtainable in special events so do not bother wasting tickets on the pyramid mission trying to obtain him.

Omegamid is used to ultra-evolve nearly all legendaries and thus is a very valuable ingredient which you should not pass upon if you have the chance. below a picture:

Attached File  Omegamid_.jpeg   20.81KB   3 downloads

2. Mouths of Truth

Two mouths of truth namely the bronze and silver mouths appear in regular missions in the chapters I described above.

The Goldmouth however is only available through online events or the corresponding mission. when you do the gold mouth mission you are guaranteed at least one goldmouth as long as you manage to beat it.

Attached File  Goldmouth.png   35.91KB   3 downloads

The crystal mouth (obtainable in the same mission) is however more elusive and may or may not appear within random encounters when doing the gold mouth mission. It will never be handed out as a reward for completing the mission so you gotta get lucky again. 

Attached File  crystal mouth.jpg   107.04KB   2 downloads

Recently new ingredient monsters have been popping up to evolve very specific legendaries. these ingridient monsters are only available through special events rewards or are a special event as a whole.

I am speaking of "THE CROWNWALKER" and "VORABOOK".

The crownwalker is used to evolve the recently added First ones "Ziberius" and "Metatherion" and is only available in the specific "Crown walker event".

Attached File  crownwalker.png   813.73KB   4 downloads

the vorabook is used to evolve certain legendaries that have come out recently and has been available in survival of the fittest and the island challenge as a reward.

update - picture:

Attached File  vorabook.png   838KB   3 downloads

Another special ingredient which is used to evolve your Epic starter into one of the Super Epic starters (combining all the epic starter ultra evolutions to create a single monster)

is The moalith. This ingredient is only available in the special event. Picture of the Moalith & event name below as well as the Super epic starter evolutions:

Attached File  Moalith.jpeg   34.38KB   3 downloads

Attached File  Super Epic starters.jpg   121.75KB   8 downloads

4.4 Side Quests

4.4.1 Side Missions

Side missions are several side stories with all the main characters from the game. You will get a gem reward at the end of each sequence.

4.4.2 Trainers Dojo

Trainer's dojo teaches you "how to play" basically giving you seemingly difficult encounters in which you need to play smart and understand the capabilities of the monsters you have to win the fights.

I will not spill the beans here and explain each one step by step. You should try to figure it out for yourself as this is really the best way to learn the game initially.

4.4.3 Labyrinth of the 4 guardian beasts

This event is the reason why picking the starter does not matter. In this event you are able to get each starter monsters with a 100% certainty the first time beat the corresponding element. you can only attempt this event every 24 hours. Once you have obtained the first guaranteed monster from a specific element (not counting the starter monster you picked initially) you will have a 60% chance to obtain it again when repeating the fight.

This possibility exists because of (you guessed it already) evolving the epic starters into the very powerful super epics. I'll give more details in an upcoming chapter dedicated entirely to monsters and their specific skills and in which team setups they might fit.

4.4.4 The Six Trials

The Six trials consists of ... well.. Six trials that you need to beat. each Trial will give you a specific epic monster.

I have found the most useful of these to be the Light type and the Thunder/energy/electric (whatever you feel like calling it) type.

The thunder type is a tank who absorbs stuns and takes a beating for your team.

The light type is a healer who can sacrifice herself to heal your team on the field to full HP. it can also purify debuffs as well as pass her turn up to another monster on your field.

NOTE: you can stack up the specific monster to make them +9 (maximum) more on the "upgrading" of monsters in a later chapter.

5. Monster battles

Monster battles.. the core of the game.. I will probably never be able to cover everything but I will try to cover as much as I can concerning monster battles.. This is however a beginners Guide.. I will make an "advanced sub section later which you can decide to read or not but it will require in-depth knowledge of the game mechanics as well as the specific monsters involved.

5.1 Monster Types

Starting off simply, monster types.. by now you must be aware there are 6 monster types. Fire, Water, Ground, Thunder, Light and Dark.

the type advantage is as follows :      FIRE > GROUND

GROUND > THUNDER

THUNDER > WATER

WATER > FIRE

About Light and dark well: LIGHT > DARK > LIGHT > DARK > LIGHT > DARK ..... infinite loop

let me explain the last one a bit more.. Light is strong against Dark but Dark is strong against Light and Light is weak against Dark but Dark is also weak against Light.

Thus if Light gets hit by a dark attack it will take more damage than from any other type.

If Dark gets hit by a Light attack it will also take more damage.

Against every other type Light and Dark both hit for "normal" damage. This in essence gives light and dark a type advantage - namely because they have no monsters they will deal less damage to.

5.2 Monster strategies

There are many strategies that can be used in Neo Monsters. I will only discuss the most common monster moves here that work well together in a team format.

1. POISON

Poison.. speaks for itself I guess.. you poison your enemy which does constant damage (based on the number of seconds that pass) as well as enabling your poison monsters to use "Poison eater" or "Poison Massacre" to deal massive damage to poisoned targets.

2. SLEEP

probably another self explanatory but I'll mention it anyway. sleep tactic including "Sleep all", "Sleep grenade", "Potent sleep", "Sleep" and "Dreaming entrance"puts an opponent to sleep rendering it unable to do any move until it wakes up. when targets are asleep they are not able to do anything so you could leave 3 targets asleep and focus on killing off a single monster or you could put all monsters to sleep by means of SLEEP BOMB putting all monsters on the field to sleep and sacrificing the user to charge up skills that need time to charge.

sleeping monsters are vulnerable to the Dreamhunt skill which some monsters possess.

3. STUN

Remember those stun bomb monsters I spoke about? This is the tactic involving some of them and others. Leobolt which by now you should have leveled up when reaching this point in the guide has a passive skill called "Stunning Entrance". He is of course not the only one. by stunning monsters for a long period of time they become vulnerable to the skill "Timestrike" which deals damage based on the number of seconds a monster still has to wait before it's his turn.

4. Conditional skills

Some skills are only useful when conditions have been met. Timestrike and Dreamhunt are examples of it but do not quite have the same effect as the following skills in this topic that is why I put them here.

There is Survivor which kicks in after 300 seconds when a monster has been on the field which will allow the monster to deal massive damage to his target (the hit will recoil).

Next up is Bloodcrave, Bloodthirst and Bloodfury. I mention these skills together because they all need the monster to make kills to activate (bloodthirst needs two).

Once a kill has been obtained these skills will deal critical damage to their targets. Bloodcrave will Recoil - Bloodthirst and Bloodfury however will deal no recoil damage to the user.

Bloodthirst will continue to scale up till a certain point (do not fret, Bloodthirst will be able to one shot most monsters most of the time)

Bloodfury will (as far as I have been able to test) scale up indefinitely with each kill that is acquired.

5. additional comments

The things described here are commonly applied strategies but it is never too good to stack up too much of the same. if you meet a team with a lot of stun absorbers and you are purely relying on stunning your enemies to win you have lost. if you meet a team that is very poison focussed and poisons the whole team with poison gas to gain the advantage then sleep will be useless (you cannot sleep poisoned targets).

This is why to build your team up based on at least a mix of two of the above mentioned strategies to get the most out of your whole team.

6. special shout-out

A special shout-out has to be given here to the Twinkillers which are monsters that have obtained their name based on their two skills "Protect killer" and "Sleep Killer". These two skills are on a 70 seconds timed use and will deal critical damage to monsters with skills like "Protect teammates" "Protect focus" etc for Protect killer and "Sleep" "sleep all" etc for Sleep killer.

5.3 PvP Meta

alright where to start... the PvP meta has shifted every single consecutive PvP event and is obviously still evolving. Several setups have become the most commonly used ones which I will list in the opening line-ups. in the common strategy overview I'll give a list of monsters that will work well together.

This is from my viewpoint, since you can usually find me in and around the top 5 ranks I'll be looking at it from that perspective. this is by no means a build/rate team. please use the dedicated thread for that.

5.3.1 Opening line-ups

1. Throwbution (kong / Ziberius) As of the new patch Kong throw no longer activates Ziberius his double Retribution. PVP Meta will be updated when the next PvP event comes along and maybe a second one to make sure what the new dominant setups will be.

The logic is in the name.. I'm of course talking about the Ziberius / Kong throw opening line. they are both very quick monsters and it is hard to counterplay this opener without suffering significant damage. The other two monsters you add in this lineup are optional but they are commonly paired with:

Super epic stun absorb / hold ground

super epic or legendary Team turn

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Sleepy Death sentence

Yeah I'm making these names up as we go.. anyway Soulstealer is the key monster here. Pretty much everything revolves around putting the opponent team to sleep while having Death Sentence all go off after 320 seconds and get a bloodthirst charged Soulstealer and a very dead opponent 4 man frontline. This setup on how to set up soulstealer comes in all kinds of variations. he is most commonly paired with Frostrider.

pairs well with:

Frostrider

Super epic stun absorb / hold ground

stun bomb / sleep bomb / give turn monsters (the epics)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. Night Night

Strategy all revolving around Nightrider his desperate all move. get him into red hp and start going ape ****. that is pretty much it? This setup is a rare occurrence as the meta shifted away from it seeing as it is easily countered by knockbacks and hitting  Nightrider towards half of his HP so he cannot reach the red fraction of health he needs to desperate all. I thought it would be worth mentioning as some people still try to use nightrider opening every now and then.

There are many types of Night Night frontlines but he's commonly paired with:

Epic stun immune give turns

Serazael

Super epic / Legendary team turners

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4. Assisted Thunder/ (Water?)

Setup evolving around assisted moves basically 4 monsters of the same type. Godfeather and Zephyrox are the two vital ones here for a thunder lineup as Godfeather is the only legendary assisted thunder  in the game and Zephyrox has the move Teamturn which enables everyone to attack for a second round.

Assisted Water seemingly is more uncommon but certainly viable now that there's a Water Teamturn in the form of Mechaleviathan (if that's his name I just know him as  "Levi" ) combined with Warca and Cryokaizer which are two legendary Assisted Wave monsters. There is also a water give turner Seahowl which is an ingame catchable that is commonly used in combination with this lineup.

common monsters to add to assisted thunder:

Leogeist

Twinkiller

Grimowl (give turn epic)

Armavolt

Velocirex (another Assisted thunder monster super epic)

as far as assisted wave is concerned the water monsters are kind of set in stone being:

Warca,Cryokaizer,Levi,Seahowl

Seahowl could be dropped for something else but as this setup is not common there's not any one monster I could name here.

Speaking of Assisted thunder here's a video of mine in my newbie days in the first PvP event with an Assisted thunder frontline:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5. Assisted Holy

The assisted holy lineup revolves all around Sanctilion. This lineup is rather weak because Sanctilion is the only Assisted holy monster in the game. it is therefore unwise to use this as a frontline unless you have proper defenses set up to keep Sanctilion covered at the start (which is nearly impossible right now cause the earlier mentioned Ziberius strat). I would therefore not recommend to go with this setup anymore.

Just for the sake of completeness I still mention it here as some people still seem to use it in lower brackets. I prefer if I would use this setup to let it come together in the middle of the team. Check the second half of fights in the video above to see Assisted holy when I manage to pull it off lol.

commonly paired with:

Anubiram

Halowolf

Serazael

Aegisdragon

epic stun absorb holy (there is no super epic holy stun absorber just like there is no shadow one)

Aurodragon (you could include Aurodragon to use heal rearguard on sanctilion's ''create duplicate'' and then use switchback with one of the epics to get double sanc on the field)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6. Death Revenge

As much as it pains me this strategy seems to be more and more common. It is an opening surrounding the death revenge move and with the addition of an extra two Death revengers it is getting easier and easier to execute this. The opening lineup consists out of 4 Death Revenge monsters (followed by maybe an extra few)

Death Revenge monsters include:

Midasdragon (new holy legendary monster available on regular egg)

Ultimadragon (exclusive to special/festival egg legendary)

Rhynobrawl (in game catchable)

Pufftoxin (in game catchable)

Gaiawolf (super epic event exclusive)

Nebelronix ( normal gold egg legendary)

Nebelronix electric version (normal gold egg legendary (seriously I dont know his name.. I generally call it the Nebel copy and that's for a good reason...))

Talosknight (normal gold egg legendary)

Apollorexus (exclusive to special/festival egg legendary - even though it is an exclusive it has the same moveset as Talosknight)

There is not much strategy involved really. just sit and wait for your monsters to die and kill off the enemy. nothing to it.

7. A thing to note

The strategies mentioned above are by no means the only opening lineups that work. This is just what is most commonly found when I played PvP these past few months. There are some more strategies I could mention but they are very niche and I felt they do not belong in this guide.

5.4 PvE Events

The most important part of this game involves around the events that the Developers put up regularly as time passes. within these events you can obtain exclusive rewards such as gems, rare gems, special ingredients and so forth. These events should not be taken lightly. there is definitely a paywall for most of them but if you have chosen to stick with Penguini or Golrock as your first gold egg monster you got yourself a big headstart.

5.4.1 Ultimate Challenge

The ultimate challenge is an event that costs you regular tickets to do a fight. You can skip as much as 20 levels ahead if I am not mistaken (NEEDS VERIFICATION) each time you do a fight. Please be aware though the higher you go. The more difficult fights will become as enemy monster strength ramps up pretty quickly. There are several common strategies used to play the ultimate challenge. There is end of event ranking rewards for the top 5000 (top 3000 gets the event exclusive monster) as well as Level rewards the higher you go (all the way up to level 600 which is really only for a selected few to reach).

Last Biter

If you have gone through the trouble of waiting for your Last Biter legendary this is where he will shine up until a certain point. You can get to as much as level 200 with him depending of your knowledge of the game mechanics. You should be able to reach level 80-100 without too much trouble off the Last Biter alone though without too much trouble.

Common strategies to get to the higher levels

NOTE: these strats involve very specific monsters in the game and are for people who own these monsters only

The strategy I personally use is a sleeper strategy. instead of me typing out how it works let me show you in a video I made. It's a long watch so you can skip through if you feel bored:

This strategy is based on sleep. Goldtail Shadowhunter and Stormloch are key here. Normally Dreamhunt one hits every monster in the game so as you can see from the video these monsters are BUFFED OUT OF THEIR MINDS. 

Anyway next strategy..

The Nebelronix / electric nebelronix + Arthrasis stun bomb copy strategy that is commonly used right about now by all the top players. I've got the monsters to do this strategy but it's horribly boring (trust me it is) - It is probably more foolproof than the sleeper strategy and less prone to error. Although it takes a craplot of time. It basically revolves around Necromancing Stun bombers with Artharsis while using Create duplicate with Nebel/Electric Nebel to create an enormous Nebelronix army (which has death revenge capable of one shotting even the most buffed of monsters).

Another strategy involves Polareon. This is a sleep strategy for those lucky ones that have polareon. Polareon hits sleeping monsters to 1 hp no matter how strong they are ignoring all defense and health totals. a video by JRAlthouse here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjlWLABnsBM

god that makes things so much easier than what I just showed you huh? no luck for Polareon tho.. :)

These are thusfar the only three strategies that I know that work. There are probably more but these are the most common either way.

5.4.2 Survival of the fittest

Boring Boring Boring.. I do not know what the developers were thinking. I seriously swear this is just a dumb race to 150 which is the level with the final rewards. Each level costs 15 tickets and there's no way of skipping stages. You will need to do 150 battles for 15 tickets each.

Since the event cannot be completed without refilling tickets or leveling up (there's simply not enough time) this will cost you some gems to reach floor 150 which will be worth it for rare gems that grant you increased chance on a special super epic/legendary egg to get legendaries. In-game acquired gems should be sufficient should you have a team powerful enough to get to floor 150.

The teams you fight will be buffed as we saw before in the Ultimate challenge. However level 150 is by far not as strong as what was shown in the video. Still my advice would be to run a sleep strategy or Death Revenge strategy should you have one. It is by far the most foolproof and you do not want to waste 15 tickets on losing a match.

There is really not much else to say. This event only appeared once at the time of writing this guide and it rewarded a super epic re-run monster (gaiawolf) for those that managed to reach floor 30 if I recall correctly.

5.4.3 Island Challenge

A drafting event. By far the most fun event up till date. It awards a super epic monster at floor 120 exclusive to the event.

You will get to pick out of 3 monsters every time and choose one monster that will be added to your drafting team. As time passes you will be able to draft more monsters and create a stronger team.

as you might have noticed by now I'm a sleeper specialist and also in this event I prefer to go with sleep and dreamhunt strategies. it is simply the most foolproof when it comes to fighting AI.

Do not focus too much on it though. Stun bombers & Survivor monsters are also a very strong pick next to sleepers as you can stun in order for your sleepers to get sleeps off as well as charging survivor for your survivor monsters. As many people will use Poison revenge monsters , Sleep bomb monsters are also very strong as you can kill an enemy Poison revenge monster and follow up with Sleep bomb which will not affect your team as they are poisoned. Do note though.. this event goes up to level 300 again for Rare gems. Monsters will be buffed starting around floor 80-100. Bloodcrave / Bloodthirst / Bloodfury are also moves that will still deal damage to the buffed monsters. Any other attack will probably fall short in power unless an enemy's seconds is real high and you can timestrike.

As time continues you will get some Super epics and eventually a legendary. The best Legendary pick that I've seen possible was Soulstealer (draft teams consist out of 10 monsters only and Soulstealer can take down the first 4 with Death sentence all and another 2-3 with Bloodthirst leaving you with very few monsters left to fight against).

Update: Last biters are not available for the drafting event.

5.4.4 Dungeon Challenge (Co-Author Wahab)

As its name suggests, its a special event where you explore and complete and progress through several floors of the dungeon. These events will normally have a new super epic monster as an event reward after completing the 40th floor. The only exceptions are that the HP of your monsters will not recover and that there are checkpoints on certain floors where you can continue from in case your team gets defeated or if you just want to take a break. Whilst exploring each floor of the dungeon, you can encounter teams of monsters which you have to defeat in order to progress through the dungeon. After progressing through each floor of the dungeon, the monsters will get buffed up (NEED TO FIND OUT IF THIS IS AFTER EACH FLOOR OR AFTER EVERY CHECKPOINT)

Strategies commonly used.

One of the most commonly used strategies when completing the dungeon is to have 3 desperate double monsters (preferably at + 4 or +5 to outspeed enemy monsters) + a team turn monster as your front 4. Haniwel is also very strong in this challenge (its a catchable monster with hp sharing and life flip all) to initially put your desperate doublers into red HP or to get them off hold ground

the Teamturn + Desperate double strat can get you all the way to floor 80 to obtain the legendary potions (which are the best rewards here).

An important tip here: you cannot exchange monsters from your party to your reserve but you can however change the order of the 16 monsters you decided to bring in the middle of the dungeon. example: if you run a stunner at 5 but one of your first 4 dies you can move 1 monster to spot 4 and still have your stunner at 5 for the next fights.

Another thing to note: do not try to build a "Team" with followups to one another. use like the first 7-8 monsters as your "team" and use the other 8 slots as "backups" to replace those in your first 8 should any of them die. in case of the triple desperate double + Teamturn strat, put any extra desperate doublers and Teamturners you have in the second line of your team and switch them in accordingly.

Notable rewards:

Event Monster at Level 40

2x gems at level 50

2x Epic bonus potions at level 57

2x Super epic bonus potions at level 64

Legendary bonus potions at levels 72 and 80

3x gems at level 90

5x gems at level 100 

5.4.5 Super Challenge Battle (Co-Author Wahab)

Super challenge battle is a special event whereby the battles focus on new legendary's, sometimes on a new legendary and/or super epic monster and at times on previously released limited time only legendary's. It is worth noting that Super Challenge Battles precede limited time only Special or Festival egg offer where these featured/showcased monsters will be available to get from these eggs. You could consider these super challenge battles as a showcase/monster spotlight of what these monsters are capable of. 

There are three stages to these events, Expert (Challenge 1) , Master (Challenge 2) and Extreme (Challenge 3)

Expert - Challenge 1

This battle will see you face off against a team built with the first (initial) evolution form of these showcased monsters as well as other monsters which maybe in their second evolution form. The team consists of 16 monsters.

Rewards: 1 gem and 1,300 Exp points (need to check if this varies between super challenge battles)  

Master - Challenge 2

The second battle is slightly harder and will see you face off against the intermediate evolution line of the showcased monsters as well as other monsters which may also be ultra-evolved. This battle will see you battle vs 20 monsters.

Rewards - An ingredient item (usually a pyramid), 1 gem and 7,200 Exp points

Extreme - Challenge 3

This will be the hardest of the 3 challenges, whereby you'll face off against the Ultra-evolved forms of these monsters as well as other monsters. Again, you face off against 20 monsters.

Rewards - An Omegamid, 2 gems and 30,000 Exp points. 

Disclaimer: Challenge 3 may be hard for newer lower hero ranked players to complete but does not necessarily mean its impossible. 

Common strategy for challenge 3 for low ranked players

If you are a low ranked player but you've played pretty much what i've told you thusfar in the guide and tried to get Golrock / Penguini and the catchable stunbombers on the isles then the strategy is pretty simple. Put in the strongest monsters you have as the first 4-5 and make sure you get any stun absorbers / stun immunes off the field. When you've achieved that you're halfway.

Get the opponent to kill off any monsters you cannot sacrifice by yourself with skills like "heal all" "Stun bomb" "Sleep Bomb".

now after these 4-5 monsters you should have every single stun bomber you got lined up in a row. with at the very far end of that row you should have Godfeather as your last monster.

Bomb away! stun the crap out of em. this will generally put them close to 1000 TU. Be sure to use an accelerate at the end on Godfeather. you might have to use lifeflip with Godfeather in order for him to start using last bite. do not worry about your HP you will regenerate it with "Last Bite" anyway.

now single target one monster and keep killing the monster that comes in. do not worry about poison revenge or deaths revenge. As long as you are next in line again taking the next turn Godfeather will not die from the poison damage after being put to HG by deaths revenge.

Note: this strat works generally but you will have to mix it up sometimes. For example if a challenge contains some dream entrance monsters you'll have to get your Godfeather poisoned before bringing these monsters into the field. If you dont they will surely kill you with dreamhunt or nightmare's grip (Polareon).

The easiest way is to kill a poison revenge monster if the opponent has one. If not you'll have to bring godfeather out early and use poison gas from one of your own monsters. you will put your godfeather at risk here but there's an unlimited amount of tries you can go through so just think logically and try, try and try again while changing strats should get you there with Godfeather and stunbombers 90% of the time.

----Work in Progress-----

• KiltedCobra, Wahab, CJT300 and 20 others like this

#2 The Death Legion

The Death Legion

Master Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 17 August 2016 - 02:20 PM

It would surely be helpful for beginners!If I had known rerolling was quite worth it,I would have done it,but im way past that now.😅

#3 RoA Sherlock

RoA Sherlock

Grand Master Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 07:35 PM

First of all, great work and thanks for all the time and effort you invest in this guide. It surely will be helpful for Beginners. Two things i noticed is, that you get 1 ticket every 10 minutes, not every hour and the ingredient you need in order to evolve your starter is called moalith instead of monolith, at least thats the name of the one in my monster list :D
  • Hidan1337 likes this

#4 F2P Zardecil

F2P Zardecil

Flarevern with Capture Cards

• Moderators
  • 3,424 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 07:59 PM

Not monolith, moalith.
(Check your PMs Mike.)

#5 Hidan1337

Hidan1337

The Immortal Hunter

• Moderators
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 08:03 PM

First of all, great work and thanks for all the time and effort you invest in this guide. It surely will be helpful for Beginners. Two things i noticed is, that you get 1 ticket every 10 minutes, not every hour and the ingredient you need in order to evolve your starter is called moalith instead of monolith, at least thats the name of the one in my monster list :D

thanks for pointing that out.. Still had to proof read haha

Not monolith, moalith.

Edited already based on earlier comment

#6 RoA Lucrayzor

RoA Lucrayzor

The Alpha

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,269 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 08:36 PM

You forgot to mention assisted teams. They're quite potent.

"It is in my nature to be kind, gentle and loving... but know this: when it comes to matters of protecting my friends, my family and my heart... do not trifle with me. For I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know..."

#7 Hidan1337

Hidan1337

The Immortal Hunter

• Moderators
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 10:37 PM

You forgot to mention assisted teams. They're quite potent.

Getting there.. I don't think it's worthy of mentioning as a "common" beginners thing to use since it would be hard to form an assist line early on in the game

• KiltedCobra likes this

#8 NMA lochi

NMA lochi

Keeper of order

• Moderators
  • 1,737 posts
  • Locationkoala island

Posted 18 August 2016 - 08:15 AM

Please keep to topic, this post is here to help form a guide for new and old players. Please post stuff relevant to the subject
  • KiltedCobra likes this
Moderator- maintaining order

#9 TheLastDodo

TheLastDodo

Grand Master Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 08:26 PM

Here are some pictures of ingredients that you could use.

Attached Files

#10 Hidan1337

Hidan1337

The Immortal Hunter

• Moderators
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 08:25 AM

Here are some pictures of ingredients that you could use.

cheers,  I can't store these pictures on my work computer so I will store and add them when I get home.

EDIT: got back from spending a weekend with family. added the pictures. thanks a bunch

#11 Hidan1337

Hidan1337

The Immortal Hunter

• Moderators
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 08:24 PM

I'll be getting to the PVP part now and start discussing team combo's and strategies. please feel free to comment if you feel stuff needs to be added or I missed a part and you commonly use the strategy I am speaking of. I do not have every monster in the game and some strategies I can only judge from battling them.

#12 NMA Buckingham

NMA Buckingham

Evil GeniuƧ

• Moderators
  • 1,263 posts
  • LocationThe almighty british empire

Posted 22 August 2016 - 09:56 AM

You can run night night with an autopoisoner for more sweeping.

Also you forgot the assisted teams, and it's probably worth mentioning sacrifice teams (Bahamuzar and co) since while they don't dominate the front line they are solid in midgame.

#13 Gunknown

Gunknown

Grand Master Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  • Locationbelgium

Posted 22 August 2016 - 10:10 AM

You could mention emeraldeus in the counter for the SS frontline since death sentence all and sleep all don't affect him plus death mark is faster than death sentence. 

#14 Hidan1337

Hidan1337

The Immortal Hunter

• Moderators
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 01:48 PM

You could mention emeraldeus in the counter for the SS frontline since death sentence all and sleep all don't affect him plus death mark is faster than death sentence. 

Decided to come back from giving too many details and make a more general overview. chances new players will have something like emeraldeus etc are very low and its a beginners guide after all

#15 crazypary

crazypary

Legendary Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 02:53 AM

Screenshot_2016_08_21_21_15_20.png

This the exact rate of legendary in egg,
2x probability in festival is just advertisement

#16 F2P Zardecil

F2P Zardecil

Flarevern with Capture Cards

• Moderators
  • 3,424 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 05:25 AM

It never said 2x probability. Just a really high chance.

Keep it on topic please. And say something positive for once.
  • Vaelfar likes this
(Check your PMs Mike.)

#17 Hidan1337

Hidan1337

The Immortal Hunter

• Moderators
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 08:22 AM

It never said 2x probability. Just a really high chance.

Keep it on topic please. And say something positive for once.

I've given up the idea that this guy will ever state something positive lol

• Vaelfar likes this

#18 RoA Sherlock

RoA Sherlock

Grand Master Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 11:44 AM

I've given up the idea that this guy will ever state something positive lol

Nope, not until heaven freezes over :D Just read the new parts and couldnt discover any mistakes. Amazing Work and even for an more experienced player a pleasure to read. Keep it up :)

#19 Wahab

Wahab

Grand Master Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 04:40 PM

So far seems like its going to be a great beginners guide, you might also want to add a sub section on levelling up in part 4.3 and just state its easier to increase your hero rank and team cost by completing online story missions, ultra-evolve quests, rank up missions and super challenge battles. Then something about online chapter 4 hidden realm dungeon battle about having the best ticket to exp ratio.

Super challenge Battles:

Super challenge battle is a special event whereby the battles focus on new legendary's, sometimes on a new legendary and/or super epic monster and at times on previously released limited time only legendary's. It is worth noting that Super Challenge Battles precede limited time only Special or Festival egg offer where these featured/showcased monsters will be available to get from these eggs. You could consider these super challenge battles as a showcase/monster spotlight of what these monsters are capable of. 

There are three stages to these events, Expert (Challenge 1) , Master (Challenge 2) and Extreme (Challenge 3)

Expert - Challenge 1

This battle will see you face off against a team built with the first (initial) evolution form of these showcased monsters as well as other monsters which maybe in their second evolution form. The team consists of 16 monsters.

Rewards: 1 gem and 1,300 Exp points (need to check if this varies between super challenge battles)  

Master - Challenge 2

The second battle is slightly harder and will see you face off against the intermediate evolution line of the showcased monsters as well as other monsters which may also be ultra-evolved. This battle will see you battle vs 20 monsters.

Rewards - An ingredient item (usually a pyramid), 1 gem and 7,200 Exp points

Extreme - Challenge 3

This will be the hardest of the 3 challenges, whereby you'll face off against the Ultra-evolved forms of these monsters as well as other monsters. Again, you face off against 20 monsters.

Rewards - An Omegamid, 2 gems and 30,000 Exp points. 

Disclaimer: Challenge 3 may be hard for newer lower hero ranked players to complete but does not necessarily mean its impossible. 

I tried to make this as brief as possible and at the same time give out the most important details, you could just re-word this to make it sound better if you want :)

The dungeon challenge

As its name suggests, its a special event where you explore and complete and progress through several floors of the dungeon. These events will normally have a new super epic monster as an event reward after completing the 40th floor. The only exceptions are that the HP of your monsters will not recover and that there are checkpoints on certain floors where you can continue from in case your team gets defeated or if you just want to take a break. Whilst exploring each floor of the dungeon, you can encounter teams of monsters which you have to defeat in order to progress through the dungeon. After progressing through each floor of the dungeon, the monsters will get buffed up (NEED TO FIND OUT IF THIS IS AFTER EACH FLOOR OR AFTER EVERY CHECKPOINT)

Strategies commonly used.

One of the most commonly used strategies when completing the first 40 floors of the dungeons is to have 3 desperate double monsters (preferably at + 4 or +5, won't go into to much details why, but its just to give your monsters a speed increase) + a team turn monster of a life flip all monster as your front 4.

Notable rewards:

Event Monster at Level 40

2x gems at level 50

2x Epic bonus potions at level 57

2x Super epic bonus potions at level 64

Legendary bonus potions at levels 72 and 80

3x gems at level 90

5x gems at level 100 

PS. Check points coincide with the floor rewards :)

#20 Hidan1337

Hidan1337

The Immortal Hunter

• Moderators
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 01:38 PM

Gonna keep an update log in the comment section for my own reference:

Added Assisted thunder / (water?) Topic

Added Dungeon challenge & Super Challenge battle

• Vincep0t likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users