158 replies to this topic

#141 TheLastDodo

TheLastDodo

Grand Master Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 11:14 PM

Ok, a lot of people are getting angry here need to calm down. First of all, drafts stack. Every person gets the same amount of drafts even if you miss them. Even though some people get luckier with their options, everyone gets 9+ options per draft and you are bound to work something together. I have gotten 300 both times WITHOUT the legendary, it's not hard. Yes, if you don't play for the first 2 days, join late, and people are already done you won't get there. Stop complaining at an event that anyone can complete if they have knowledge of the game and you'll find that it's not that hard.
  • RoA KingBen likes this

#142 crazypary

crazypary

Legendary Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 12:26 AM

You need to draft and burn ticket asap, because when opponent got a legend draft / se draft thats the time you will outdrafted and stuck

#143 Fmju

Fmju

Hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 12:38 AM

On my very last try at 115 at around 6:40 EST I said screw it and put all my strongest monsters up front and went +5. It was tough and it was against a team I already lost too multiple times but in the end I won. And now I have 2 new 5 star monsters to train. I really hope in the next event they add some more structure to this cuz being wild random is wild unfair. Skill can only take you so far with random factors

#144 Arakina

Arakina

Hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 12:53 AM

@Beast Rhino - if you read my last sentence, I did mention that beyond 200 is super luck...even with no so good draft, I reached 200 with the team of 3 and 4 stars. Would never get 3 hundred without the legendaries that I picked up in the last day. So yes, luck is necessary to get 300, but even if you only get 200 you got so much freebies that are useful for new players like me.

#145 TheLastDodo

TheLastDodo

Grand Master Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 01:26 AM

On my very last try at 115 at around 6:40 EST I said screw it and put all my strongest monsters up front and went +5. It was tough and it was against a team I already lost too multiple times but in the end I won. And now I have 2 new 5 star monsters to train. I really hope in the next event they add some more structure to this cuz being wild random is wild unfair. Skill can only take you so far with random factors

I'm willing to bet if you show me your drafted monsters I could make a team that could take you to 300.

#146 F2P Zard

F2P Zard

Flarevern with Capture Cards

• Moderators
  • 3,069 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 04:01 AM

The other thing is that people need to be patient. I have $0 in this game and 5 legends. I got warca and then went 4 months without a legend. I didn't complain even once. You get more out of the game if you work for it.
  • Keb and Arakina like this

#147 xaero_3

xaero_3

Grand Master Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 06:04 AM

In both island event, Igot 300, I only got the the legendaries in the last day while I do the draft 4 hours after the event stared, so I think the key things for for this is that:
- you have to start early - the more you draft the higher chance you get better mons.
- you have to start early - it is pretty easy to get to 120 and get the monsters in the first 1 or 2 days
- you have to form your strategy early - poison will get you to 120 fast but you will suffer later, sleep and stun help a lot at later part
- you need to pick one or two monsters to kill off the protector, stun absorbers at high level - knockback monsters are helpful for this.
- death revenge/roulette are helpful too - with luck they can carry you a few stages at high level
- to beat the last 50 levels, you need bloodthirst, blood fury, blood crave.

And dont make it a stress on you that you need to get 300. In both event I only aimed at 200 and anything beyond that I would count as super luck and special bonus

both island event i finished 2 to 3 days with timestriker and last stand

#148 Koshnek

Koshnek

Hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationTexas, US

Posted 02 October 2016 - 06:50 PM

I'm trying to get at least to 152 so that I can get a Crystal Mouth for my Don Penguini, but I'm having terrible luck with this team. I tried to start out as poison, but I was being demolished. I stopped using my poison completely and started relying almost solely on my Bloodblade. I've made it to Level 126, but I'm losing faith. If I win 1 out of 5 I'm probably lying :/. (How do I post Images? Every time I try forum tells me I cant post images with that extension. I've tried png and jpg)

Team Order: Dracomander, Glaucorn, Bloodblade, Lavagant.  Archswan, Bosshorn, Stegospike, Crimgaroo, Rhynobrawl, Marspin.

Monster Pool: Zapybar, Blazewing, Archswan, Stormfox, Twigster, Jerbor x2, Tombodrone, Spooker, Gargyole x3, Islandcrab, Hummboss

I get a kill or two with my Crimgaroo sometimes...but hes mostly useless unless I get lucky and get poison revenged. Could someone help me optimize my team? Maybe suggest what kinds of monsters to go for on the next drafts? 

#149 Beast Rhino

Beast Rhino

Expert Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 11:36 PM

This event is really annoing. Like the other: luck or get lost...

As usual...

#150 Koshnek

Koshnek

Hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationTexas, US

Posted 03 October 2016 - 01:48 AM

I turned my luck around. I noticed my twigster has stun entry, so I use that. I use my dracomander to kick any stun absorbers away at start, and then my stormfox to stun. Then my twigster drops and stuns again, and I send him away with my Glaucorn to use him again at the end of the fight. I drafted a legendary finally, so that helps too.

#151 Undead153234

Undead153234

Grand Master Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 03 October 2016 - 02:38 AM

Any tips for my draft setup?

Attached Files

#152 Beast Rhino

Beast Rhino

Expert Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 02:44 PM

Wow, seems amazing, so far lv 261 reached.
And no game-changer monsters... Just medium-rank monsters! 😍

#153 RoA Aznvasions

RoA Aznvasions

You need 500 posts to change Member Title

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 05 October 2016 - 04:46 PM

Like I said, just rework your strats, and you will begin to succeed.

The Noobiest Old Player Around

#154 Koshnek

Koshnek

Hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationTexas, US

Posted 06 October 2016 - 06:51 AM

Yep. That poison team I mentioned changing to timestrike ended up getting me to 300, but it was rough. Got lucky with that Mecha. Man, I'd probably mess myself if I pulled him out of an egg hes hot. Just gotta keep give turning my time striker and blowing up my stunners. Then team turn and blow him up at the tail end of that train :D.

Weirdly enough, my dreamhunt team that had great luck throughout the 100's started having trouble in the 200's. I squeezed him into 300, but it ended up being as hard for me as the first team. I ended up with a timestriker and a couple stunners by 300 lol.

Timestrike > Dreamhunt > Poison?

Edit: I learned the value of Knockbackers and turn givers from this event too.

P.S. Both of my teams equally curse whoever started putting 6 Rhynos and Puffers into their team. So annoying!

#155 Lucrayzor

Lucrayzor

The Alpha

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 04:08 AM

Just knock those saps to 1hp and let them kill themselves.
"It is in my nature to be kind, gentle and loving... but know this: when it comes to matters of protecting my friends, my family and my heart... do not trifle with me. For I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know..."

#156 RoA Aznvasions

RoA Aznvasions

You need 500 posts to change Member Title

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 09 October 2016 - 07:27 PM

It's >>>>>>> poison actually.
Timestrike bloodcrave can rip through teams, sleep cannot in IC. There are more sleepers, but they are weaker defensively and harder to setup. Thus they are more likely to die, but they hit much harder than your cravers. Cravers are more reliable, but harder to get good access to, and can tank hits.

That's why a combination of both is good for when you can't quickly charge up your craver in time to deal with a threat.

The Noobiest Old Player Around

#157 arashrooteh

arashrooteh

Grand Master Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 08:13 AM

Hi,sorry to bother but I ask a question,how the "buff system" work?
Only after reaching level 120? Or is there more?
Tnx
Arash

#158 arashrooteh

arashrooteh

Grand Master Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 09:25 AM

I just won 2 times but before i could get my increase point in rank and level,the game stop working.
I just don't understand why.does anybody else see this?
Arash

#159 arashrooteh

arashrooteh

Grand Master Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 12:34 AM

Tnx all who lost,I finally reach lvl 300.
It was amazing.I hope everyone enjoyed it
Have fun
Arash

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users