64 replies to this topic

#1 RoA JackScale

RoA JackScale

Grand Master Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 03:45 AM

Firstly id like to thank buck for his amazingly helpful list he put together for us. Although none of it is fact I believe that more or less %95 on target with everyones opinions.

Alright, so Im going to split this up into 5 categories. Frontline, 5th slot, mid game, end game, and last slot.
Frontline: when it comes to building a frontline what your looking for is speed combined with power, stun protection, and protection. What you should be aiming for with your frontline is that you should be able to give yourself the advantage early. The game is not decided on the outcome of the frontline battle. Taking the early advantage comes in many forms; whether its setting up stun, or killing potential protect killers, or killing the sweepers before they can sweep, or paving the way for your team turner to use team turn, etc., and thats what your looking for with the speed/power combo. Now all frontlines need to be mostly stun proof, obviously in order to not let the opponent take the early advantage. Finally protection. Protection comes in many forms. It comes in the form of protectors and in the form of quick killers, to protect your important monsters, and it comes in the form of knockback, just to name a few.
5th slot: now your 5th slot can possibly decide the game for you. What youre mainly looking for in the 5th slot is 2 things. 1. Entrance passives 2. Keeping frail monsters you want in the beginning of the game safe from the frontline battle. Entrance passives can create distruption in the enemy line stopping him dead in his tracks, or it can be used to set yourself up offensively.
Midgame: the midgame in usually when the game is won. If your sweepers are charged and protected that would win you the game barring a serious comeback from the opponents endgame. What your looking for in midgame is sustainable sweepers and protection to help sustain your sustainable sweepers. Again, the midgame protection comes in many forms. It comes in the form of protectors, multiple sweepers that can keep each other safe, sleep, and many other variations.
Endgame: the purpose of the end game shud be stopping the battle from spiraling out control so you can set yourself up for a comeback. The way to do that would be to have sweepers that can clear an entire line but arent so sustainable. It's the equivalent of throwing a hail mary.
Last slot: the last slot has the unique element of being able to switch places to it. That can be numerous things. It can be stun, or roaring entrance, or stun protection, or purifying, or when set up properly you can surprise your opponent with immediate give turn. And sometime the last slot can be used as fodder. But when doing so make sure it's somewhat useful in case you dont sacrifice it.

As of now in only gonna gonna place the monsters rated a+ And higher and leave the rest open for suggestions.

Frontline monsters:
Lavaronix/mechaviathan. These 2 provide great frontline stun protection and can survive a hit from almost all monsters. Obviously team turn/give turn combonation provides them with unprecedented power and can enable your team to take out at least 5 emeny monsters in one shot. They also do great in mid game and end game.

Ziberius. He is the monster we all love and hate. He is arguably the most versatile of frontline monsters. The ability to take advantage of bringing in the 5th slot monster at extreme speed makes him an all star frontline option. As well as that he is also very hard to kill before he gets his turn and can hit hard if double retribution is activated right away. Aside from that he doesnt have much of a place in midgame or endgame.

Midasdragon. He is extremely dangerous as he is the quickest give turner in the game. Having him in your frontline gives you many options. You can give turn to your team turner, you can give turn to your sweeper to kill whomever is before your team turner to get an extra turn and countless other possibilities. Hes a great counter to team turners as well because although team turners can take a hit, taking 2 hits from the likes of rexkong is a feat. Aside from his give turn ability explosive quartet can provide extreme distrubtion in the enemy line. Just a piece of advice. When you see midas in your enemys team kill him while you can. I know the idea of death revenge is gruelling but its 1 kill vs. 6. His use is mediocre otherwise in the team.

Galliodragon. He is a beast in the frontline as he is the quickest stun in the game. Can be a nice midgame option too.

Soulstealer. Now heres a monster that many people cringe when hearing his name. His sleep all can be absolutely devastating. Provided with proper protection he can kill a whole frontline and then some. Not too much use outside of the frontline.

Oniblade. 86 speed, one on one + dreamhunt. What more do I need to say. But banedragon can render him useless. I also like him a lot for mid game and end game. He can stop your enemy short in his tracks. And being that poison is so common theres a large chances that your monster will be poisoned so its a free one on one.

Aegisdragon. Probably the best form of protection in the game. He can keep most of your fronline safe and he provides utility as well as protection. If you dont have assassinate or protect killer in your team he can make you struggle to come up with a solution for killing anyone on the opposing team. He has a nice place in midgame as well.

Nightrider. When left undealt with he can sweep almost an entire team. But he is easy to counter as the frontline meta is generally quicker than him. He really great for endgame too paired with giveturners as sort of a last resort.

Super epics:
Zephyrox/alphagear. They are nice but dont compare to the legendary team turners. They both get killed by searguard. They are vreat throughout the rest of the team as well

Lavamane. Poor mans ziberius. Almost as effective but not as versatile.

Rexkong. The fastest unconditional critical damage in the game

Gearcroc. An amazing form of protection as well as stun protection. Pairs great with aegis.

Galvbane. A really nice option for pushing back threats.

Robinator. Make your opponents pay for putting protectors in the frontline. But if there isnt hes paperweight. But if you are running a stun team he allows you to open up your opponents line for stun.

Abyssraider. Quick poison gas is really useful

Diredemon. He serves 2 purposes. Hes protection while using one on one, and he can singlehandedly stop sleep lock.

Nighthunter. Really only good for flipping nightriders life.

Frostrider. Amazing potential but weak. I like his midgame too for sleep lock.

5th slot:
Motordragon. Oh motor. One of the most devastating monsters in the game. Remember when I said that the 5th slot can determine the outcome of the game? Well I was looking at motor. Theres no better way to slice a huge cut through your opponents team. With him you can completely stun your opponents team into oblivion.

Banedragon. Ironically a sleep teams worst nightmare. There are very few other ways to poison an entire team. He fits really well throughout the rest of the team besides the frontline of course. He can be a nice option for switch places too.

Icefang. Many teams welcome him, and many teams dread him. He follow him up with searguard and its almost guaranteed stun. Also a great candidate for switch places as you can decide when to bring him in.

Super epics:
Searguard. Well, he kills leo. Nice option for swutch places too.

Steamhawk: personally my favorite super epics being that I dont have motor. And he has a really quick bloodcrave charge so hes great.

Midgame:
Leogeist. "Aint no leo like a midgame leo cuz a midgame leo dont STOP!" As my first and favorite legendary, i am of the belief that leo fares best midgame becuase he usually gonna be safe from searguard and rexkong. He is possibly the quickest sweeper in the game once crescendo gets primed. Its like last stand with support. He can let you just be completely careless in regards to stun protection for the rest of your team, as long as you keep him alive.
Hes not bad in 5th slot becuase hes safe from rexkong and sear.

Terrordragon. He can sweep through teams real quick. Hes just hard to set up. He too weak to last in the frontline. He will usually get targeted first.

Auto poison. Possibly the strongest midgame at the moment. They are really poweful when combined, and can support most of your poison monsters. And to top it off they are stun immune. Usually when you hatch legendaries with matching skill sets you are disappointed. Dont be. If you get multiple auto poisoners you can get really far. They work well in the frontline too.

Emeraldeus. Nice monster. A very sustainable sweeper and easy to get going.

Burnsalot. I have no experience with him but Id imagine that if I had him I wud probably consider him unerrated by most people.

Metatherion. %100 accuracy with sleep is something to really relish. Has an amazing sweeper and provides nice protection and boy can this guy take a hit. I mean, he survived ever poison eater hes ever received!

Goldtail. Theres just no one like him. The only way to use him is midgame. He wont see the light of day if your enemies monsters are not either stunned, asleep, or bronzeshells.

Super epics.
Serazael. He fits anywhere. But frontline may not be the best option due to searguard.

Super epic protectors. They are really powerful in providing great protection. Midgame is really the only place I can see them because in the frontline you dont want to bump into robin and ice, and in the end game you wont really be protecting much.

Blitzdragon. Nice midgame stun.

Endgame:
Penguinator. Hes really the best there is in terms of reversing the fate. When you see him come in youd better stop what youre doing, pull out all your ammo and just shoot him to the ground till there isnt a morsel of him left. After you use slayerbane he'll generally be dead or only useful for aoe.(which is extraordinarily powerful by the way)

Revenarchion. Hes very easy to get going and can be a reall pain to deal with. He can really be placed anywhere in your team and really excel. The reason why I like him end game is because of his sweeping magnitude. But he can be frontline, midgame, and endgame and be a real force.

Well that concludes my list. Feel free to disagree or share opinions on other monsters.
  • NMA Buckingham, Gunknown, RoA n3vercore and 5 others like this

#2 RoA Lucrayzor

RoA Lucrayzor

The Alpha

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 03:53 AM

Gaiawolf and viridizardon have to get credit for immediate acceleration. And rexkong won't dare throw at either of them generally.
"It is in my nature to be kind, gentle and loving... but know this: when it comes to matters of protecting my friends, my family and my heart... do not trifle with me. For I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know..."

#3 DNA Polymerase

DNA Polymerase

Grand Master Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 04:02 AM

I agree.... of the four starters, Galvbane and Rexkong are the better front line material than the other two. Viridizardon is okay; as Luc said immediate acceleration, but besides that, it's a sitting duck until it's attacked to activate deperate bite or survivor or killed for stun (can be countered by poison touch from robinator).

#RoA

Ex-Rise of the Alpha Member

Gradually conquering pre-med classes, one class at a time. I think - 

#4 Z19 SupahVegetto

Z19 SupahVegetto

legendary super saiyan hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 04:24 AM

Nice list jack, i think this should be pinned

#5 RoA JackScale

RoA JackScale

Grand Master Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 04:25 AM

Gaiawolf and viridizardon have to get credit for immediate acceleration. And rexkong won't dare throw at either of them generally.

accelerate team is unique in being both underrated and overrated at the same time

#6 Z19 SupahVegetto

Z19 SupahVegetto

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 04:36 AM

I really think some monster can go everywere, for example bane, he can be used mid/end end game or even on last spot, literally everywere except FL

#7 lochi

lochi

Keeper of order

• Moderators
  • 1,668 posts
  • Locationkoala island

Posted 30 December 2016 - 06:25 AM

Informantive i will pin for the time being
Moderator- maintaining order

#8 LL Sai

LL Sai

Rookie Hunter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 30 December 2016 - 07:06 AM

Nice info

#9 arashrooteh

arashrooteh

Grand Master Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 07:06 AM

Tnx to jack for such helpful guide, love most especially Leo(since I have that and he's really good)

#10 F2P Zard

F2P Zard

Flarevern with Capture Cards

• Moderators
  • 2,800 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 08:03 AM

Burnsalot:

A monster that is very, very, very seldom used properly. When he comes into the fight you have ~80 seconds to kill him before he becomes a massive threat. His devour charge can take him from hold ground to 90% health in 50 secs and then he will kill 2 of your monsters. When he comes in he does 2 things: 1. He basically provides a shield for last 3 monsters that lasts for 2 hits. 2. He sets up his damage and insane sustain.
He also has step back, which is a wonderful utility move that can protect him from incoming stupid deaths by sweepers. This also gives him the benefit of being able to bring in more powerful entrance effects that may come after him. Like you can have Burnsalot->shocking entrance and then be able to step back into the stun. Then sendback and be able to get 4 kills at least.

He does have a bunch of weaknesses though.
1. He relies on sacrifice in order to deal damage. This means that in order for him to be a backline monster he has to have a very, very specific set up that will prevent the enemy from making you just run out of reinforcements.
2. He relies on sacrifice to deal damage. Meaning that once you have gotten 8 kills with him(almost half a team I know) you have a choice of either a. He becomes a useless brick that will ultrablaze all over and over again until he dies, or b. He eats your backline in order to try and close out the game.
3. He is very slow. With only 25% speed he comes in with 100-80 seconds before his turn. This gives ample time to the enemy to deal with him. This is probably one of his biggest problems.
4. Devour charge, while an amazing ability to heal and keep him sweeping, makes using give turns a little clumsy due to the fact that timing is desynchronized with the give turners.

So this means that the best way to use him is as a midgame monster that is surrounded by stun. Most of the time I see him thrown in the early-mid game with other sweepers as another threat to see if the other sweepers can buy him time. I don't see him very often though due to the fact that he was out of the egg for a while due to a cosmetic bug.

Stun combined with protection or motordragon bronzeshells makes him one of the most terrifying monsters in the game. Capable of eating your entire team by himself. But that requires a lot of set up. He has single handedly won me games against high level players though. So he does deserve his rank.

Post directed at jackscale and acheron who PMed me on him and I feel like I didn't give enough information.
  • RoA Acheron likes this

#11 letiendatcr

letiendatcr

Hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 08:34 AM

Thanks for your helpful topic.

I want ask you some thing !!

this my team : 

201660c6d0dc-a534-4b28-aef8-bf01b9b91837

Please suggests frontline for my team. Should I put a protector in frontline, It's so ez kill by proctector killer only 1 hit. But I need barricazor for " Knock Back " some imba monster like teamturn 

#12 F2P Zard

F2P Zard

• Moderators
  • 2,800 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 08:39 AM

PM me and I will help you. This thread isn't for teambuilding advice.

What is your team strategy? It kind of looks like you threw your monsters into a semi-random configuration and called it a day.

@Jackscale you might want to make some basic teambuilding advice as well. As this guide seems to be for people who already know the basics. Looks like there are a bunch of people who don't know basics yet. Might want to help them out.

#13 letiendatcr

letiendatcr

Hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 09:21 AM

What is your team strategy? It kind of looks like you threw your monsters into a semi-random configuration and called it a day.

@Jackscale you might want to make some basic teambuilding advice as well. As this guide seems to be for people who already know the basics. Looks like there are a bunch of people who don't know basics yet. Might want to help them out.

I don't know , I'm newbie . Help me plz.  I think all of my monster it not enough to build strategy.

#14 F2P Zard

F2P Zard

• Moderators
  • 2,800 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 09:33 AM

There is always a way you can use your monsters more effectively. I said PM me. PM means personal message. Look at my profile if you wish to do so.

#15 Z19 SupahVegetto

Z19 SupahVegetto

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 09:38 AM

i think i might do that tomorrow, if you want to help me zard pm me.
Also letiendatcr, you have trainers lounge, you can always ask for advice there. But zard is also really good, im sure he will build something strong for u

#16 Z19 DarkGiappo

Z19 DarkGiappo

Grand Master Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • LocationItaly, Rome

Posted 30 December 2016 - 09:52 AM

I would also add Tinkerclaus because of his passive Unwanted Gift.

#17 Gunknown

Gunknown

Grand Master Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts
  • Locationbelgium

Posted 30 December 2016 - 10:01 AM

could add deodragon now in the frontline with the insta charge. 99% speed and stun immune.

#18 Hazymel

Hazymel

Expert Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 10:04 AM

Thanks a lot for this guide, it is really helpful !!

There are some monsters I would like your opinion on where they are best:

-Saint Feather 

(my view; FL for an Assisted Bolt team, but his Silent Night could be powerful in mid or last game ?)

-Shadowyrm 

(my view: maybe middle since is is stune immune and there is a lot of stunning monster mid game).

#19 Mr.Braun

Mr.Braun

Hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 01:18 PM

i would also add doom, when he is right used he can be really good as u can easily get 4-8 kills with him and often u can still win in pvp with him as last resort

#20 Lunar

Lunar

Grand Master Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 02:09 PM

Jack will you "BOLD" the main points to they will looking easily
Like frontline,5th,mid,last

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users