#21 &onajji

&onajji

Expert Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 08 February 2014 - 06:59 AM

So not to be a Debbie downer or a repeater, but a new game.... Considering I don't know anything about monster rancher, this sounds like a fun new adventure, and a good way to start ALL OVER. Which kinda sucks. :-/ but it means I'll have a better shot at it in the long run because I could possibly beta test and or be in the first crowd and see everything as it happens... There are pros and cons, I'm just excited to see that there is feedback from some, if not most of our criticism on these forums... But does that mean a whole new forum, or a repurposed forum here since the domain is already here.... Or just a general ZigZagame forum with sub forums (and a singular chat box) for the individual games? I'm hoping for a single forum from the devs personally. But that's just my 2 cents so nothing extra has to be moved.

TLDR; yay news of an update! Indecisive on a new game! Boo trolls!

gemini

) (

&onajji

#22 sciuk

sciuk

Hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 07:31 AM

Thanks for the new info about the update devs, but i am a little bit disappointed, cause i thought you are close to update (...just waiting for Apple to approve it) and now it sounds like it will take a lot more time to await for me/us. 

reprogramming takes a lot of time, i know and i will wait. Hopefully it won't take that long anymore....

#23 HunterEdik

HunterEdik

Grand Master Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 07:52 AM

Oh my...did you just say Monster Rancher? That was one of my favourite games back when PS1 was around!!! I got hooked on it straightaway because of feature where you can put different CD's inside the console and the game would give you a monster based on the CD. I remember trying all my games CD, my parents music CD's and any CD I could find. Sad to say I didn't finish it because there were loads of awesome monsters there which I wanted to get but never got because it was a rental. 

Anyway, can't wait for this new game.

• tajid likes this

#24 Templarzx

Templarzx

Grand Master Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:18 PM

Well i have a right to my own opinion. Why tell us in ddcember its been sent for approval. Then tell us in january its nearly done. Then tell us in february its being recoded. Great business structure. This is why i deleted it. And only reason i felt the need to comment, was because it showed up on facebook and though oh great. Just a few more months and the pvp might be bearable to play. Theres being realistic then theres being dilusional.

#25 Kookaset

Kookaset

Capricious Bird

• Moderators
  • 2,978 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:42 PM

I don't know about you, but I would rather have an announcement than no announcement at all. Not everything goes flawlessly. If you deleted the app, then it shows that you weren't willing to wait for the update. I rarely play now, but I don't delete, because I'm hoping the update will do good to the game. And until I see a good, solid reason to actually delete it, I won't. HI is a good game. It has good potential. So I am willing to wait. It's not going to hurt me any. 

You have a right to your opinion? yes, I agree. So here is mine.

• Deadpool, Bgibbons101230 and Armandojmoneyz like this

Piccio, up and out.

5BSkQtKvscU_8903736.jpg

from left to right; ; art by: jjchen1, mar145

[[ Kookaset AKA Reset, Experimental Turbit, Kookaburra ]]

#26 Crystal

Crystal

A Shiny Rock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:14 PM

Let's go by the rules that most of us learned as children: "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all." You consistently rag on the developers and the game in nearly every post you've made since December.

You may be entitled to your opinion, but unless you can convey your message in a constructive way, you really shouldn't post just to act sarcastically just because it's not going according to the timeline you want. I'm sure in December that the devs didn't plan on having to recode nearly 50% of the game. If they had, I doubt they would've said the update would be out in January. Things can change at the drop of a dime. You're just being selfish.

My last point is this: if you dislike the game, deleted it, and only criticize it negatively, why still follow it on Facebook?

#27 Templarzx

Templarzx

Grand Master Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:55 PM

Like i said before. I hoped that it would be fixed so it could be enjoyable again. Its not hard to reinstall an app. Its annoying and frustrating waiting minths for an update. An albeit this update hasnt got new content either. Its going to fix the few bugs we have complained about. This shouldnt take minths to fix. That damn annoying game flappy bird is made by one person and hes even updated his game. It doesnt say much when it takes months to fix bugs. How many people honestly play HI like they did when it started?
And honestly the moving the game onto a different engine. Yes thats a great idea. But why not push out the initial fixes on current engine. To give more time to work on the new cosing without losing valued players?

#28 Ashley

Ashley

• Moderators
  • 2,567 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:55 PM

People. They're using Unity. Be happy. That's like the best news I've ever heard... 

(But of course, I'm a Unity developer :P)

... did you really compare Flappy Bird to Hunter Island?

• HunterEdik likes this

#29 Crystal

Crystal

A Shiny Rock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:56 PM

The coding for flappy bird is also very minimal, the graphics are low quality, and I'm sure I could code it, despite only taking a class or two in high school about programming. I programmed tougher things there than flappy bird (also, he's taking the game out of the app store tomorrow, so there's that).

• Ashley likes this

#30 Templarzx

Templarzx

Grand Master Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:14 AM

Lol the flappy bird was a joke. But seriously im glad they are working on fixing the game. I just wished they had if patched the problems. Then worked on moving engine.
  • Kookaset likes this

#31 Crystal

Crystal

A Shiny Rock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:17 AM

The only problem with that is that the patch may not work the same way when rewriting the code, so it's better to start from scratch in the system they were going to end up on anyways. ;)

• Deadpool likes this

#32 Ashley

Ashley

• Moderators
  • 2,567 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:21 AM

The engine moving is going to mean making things far better for the future. Unity is a powerhouse. 

• Deadpool likes this

#33 Tiberius

Tiberius

The Dragon Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,874 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:28 AM

1. LOOOL Flappy Bird is hilarious.

2. Yay, new game!

3. Thanks for the update, admin! I really appreciate it, and a lot of others do too.

4. TIME TO PARTY

5. Not really, I'm a nerd. I'm gonna go play some more HI now.

6. Just kidding, playing HI IS A PARTY

7. Wow, this is sad. I'm pathetic.

8. You know what's more pathetic?

9. The fact that you're still reading this. Go tell others about HI!

• Drybones901, Kookaset, Bgibbons101230 and 2 others like this

mirtkNV.png?2

This amazing banner was made by KiltedCobra.

#34 Deadpool

Deadpool

Mod with the Mouth

• Moderators
  • 2,576 posts
  • LocationBeyond the 4th Wall

Posted 09 February 2014 - 02:44 AM

Side note: flappy bird is being shut down because of potential lawsuits against the creator

On topic: @Temp: would you waste your time making fixes when you're switching to a whole new system? That seems counterproductive on so many levels
If your game isn't working properly, try this

Dhbdn5ykdA.gifmdmdmvZWc.gifdnsgPWnJ.gifdnsmeOmUDE.gifbvhhhu2AN.gif

#35 bvs72

bvs72

Grand Master Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 03:31 AM

I appreciate the update. But I think a quick fix of the most severe problems is called for. I find that the most serious problems with pvp are the bonus actions and the stego/charc combo. Both could easily be fixed with less than a day of program modification. A quick fix of egg timing should also not be too difficult. Every day that you allow additional arks to be released to the egg timers hurt the long term playability of the game. I realize that there are a lot of other problems but they are just a annoyance. Yes there are cheaters but they typically do not know how to use the arks they obtain and represent a entertaining challenge to pvp players. The problems with losses when you obviously win is annoying but in my experience seem to be decreasing. Yes, there are players that get upset by each loss because they think their win/loss record is meaningful. It currently has no meaning when any player can exit a battle without a loss recorded. I realize that each update that you submit to Apple costs you money and that the egg timers are probably a significant source of income. But for the long term playability of the game, I urge you to do quick fixes of the most serious problems and I look forward to the other changes you have planned.

#36 Deadpool

Deadpool

Mod with the Mouth

• Moderators
  • 2,576 posts
  • LocationBeyond the 4th Wall

Posted 09 February 2014 - 03:43 AM

I imagine its already at the point of no return and there is no reasonable way they can go back now without undoing all that work.

Honestly, I want a whole fix, rather than a quick fix, which is what that update would be and it wouldn't solve even the most minor issues or glitches
If your game isn't working properly, try this

Dhbdn5ykdA.gifmdmdmvZWc.gifdnsgPWnJ.gifdnsmeOmUDE.gifbvhhhu2AN.gif

#37 bvs72

bvs72

Grand Master Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 04:04 AM

Deadpool - I respect your opinion but I have to disagree. I have been a software developer for over 20 years. I am sure they have a copy of the software as originally submitted to Apple. Limiting the bonus actions to one should not be more than a couple of lines of code. A quick fix of egg timing could be accomplished with one line of code. When a player presses stop, add a random time between one and ten seconds before you stop. Nerfing a stego or charc should easily be accomplished by changing a table of the TU expenditure, the probability that the action occurs, or the magnitude of the action. I don't know how much each modification submitted to Apple costs, but in this case I think a quick fix is warranted. What happened to the update that the mods kept telling us would happen in early January. There has been a lot of complaining about how long Apple takes to review a mod. From the developers response, I get the impression that a modification of the game was never submitted.
  • Winvestor likes this

#38 Crystal

Crystal

A Shiny Rock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 04:09 AM

What happened to the update that the mods kept telling us would happen in early January.

From that sentence alone, it makes it seem like you didn't read about how they're recoding nearly 50% of the game.

#39 bvs72

bvs72

Grand Master Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 04:24 AM

I read that they are rewriting nearly 50% of there code. I applaud their effort but that doesn't mean that they can't fix the most serious problems with the existing code before the rewrite. From the developers response, I am left with the impression that the next game is more important to their profits than the current game that they have already made bundles of money.
We were given the impression that an update was submitted to Apple. Did Apple tell them to rewrite 50% of the code before an update would be accepted?

#40 ~Kitty~

~Kitty~

~Pokemon Master~

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,284 posts
  • LocationU.S.A

Posted 09 February 2014 - 04:38 AM

Ah Wonderful to hear all of this! Thank you devs for talking to us and listening to suggestions and telling us whats up with the update and such... Great to have devs who talk to the customers

1. LOOOL Flappy Bird is hilarious.

2. Yay, new game!

3. Thanks for the update, admin! I really appreciate it, and a lot of others do too.

4. TIME TO PARTY

5. Not really, I'm a nerd. I'm gonna go play some more HI now.

6. Just kidding, playing HI IS A PARTY

7. Wow, this is sad. I'm pathetic.

8. You know what's more pathetic?

9. The fact that you're still reading this. Go tell others about HI!

LOL tib XD and i love flappy bird! Even though i cant get more then 11 DX
The Kitten was here ;3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users