• Please log in to reply
403 replies to this topic

#41 Ashley

Ashley

• Moderators
  • 2,567 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 09 February 2014 - 05:51 AM

"Limiting the bonus actions to one should not be more than a couple of lines of code. A quick fix of egg timing could be accomplished with one line of code."

That's a valid point, really. Given how far they've come in all this time anyway it wouldn't make much sense to say: well now we're going to re-write the whole game (or half) before we submit the update. I'm sure they'll submit the current update. They're probably only re-writing the engine for future games, anyway... they use the same engine for all their games and build upon it / make modifications for each subsequent game.  

#42 Templarzx

Templarzx

Grand Master Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 11:10 AM

This is what im trying to say. And noone gets the point. Its great you support the devs, i do to but why not soend a day on current engine and fix the small problems making it unbearable to play pvp. Everyone keeps saying wait for the update. Are we suppose to wait 2-3 months after paying for a game to be fixed? Would you buy a new car that doesnt drive and be told aw just wait 2-3 months till we fix it. I dont think so, regardless $0.99 or $10,000 you want support then use common sense.

#43 Roflx

Roflx

Rookie Hunter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 02:49 PM

The only Thinge i Sound wish in a new Patch would be that they Release the OM arks into the wild

#44 Kookaset

Kookaset

Capricious Bird

• Moderators
  • 2,978 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 04:47 PM

Except the game is completely playable. People are just dissatisfied with how it is, similarly how you might buy a car and realize you don't like the color of it and want to get it painted over. Except that the game update is free and a paint-over is not. 

However, and correct me if I'm wrong... but that last point, about a hybrid game? that's a totally new game, or a new idea for how Hunter Island will work? because I'm not sure how it'd work after just a few months of releasing Hunter Island, if you catch my drift....

• Deadpool likes this

Piccio, up and out.

5BSkQtKvscU_8903736.jpg

from left to right; ; art by: jjchen1, mar145

[[ Kookaset AKA Reset, Experimental Turbit, Kookaburra ]]

#45 Kershy1985

Kershy1985

Grand Master Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 05:15 PM

It's a new game that they're working on Kookaset.

#46 Deadpool

Deadpool

Mod with the Mouth

• Moderators
  • 2,576 posts
  • LocationBeyond the 4th Wall

Posted 09 February 2014 - 05:30 PM

It's a new game that is going to build upon what Hunter Island and DIB have set up
If your game isn't working properly, try this

Dhbdn5ykdA.gifmdmdmvZWc.gifdnsgPWnJ.gifdnsmeOmUDE.gifbvhhhu2AN.gif

#47 Kookaset

Kookaset

Capricious Bird

• Moderators
  • 2,978 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 06:16 PM

Well. 

Hm.

I'm not sure what I should think.

Thanks for the clearing up, anyway. :x We'll see how it turns out. ^^

Piccio, up and out.

5BSkQtKvscU_8903736.jpg

#48 Whaywar1

Whaywar1

Grand Master Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 06:40 PM

Tibs post made my day.... Haha :)

#49 NMA SAUL

NMA SAUL

Legendary Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 05:56 PM

Clearly concentrating more on making a new game than fixing the problems on this one

#50 Ashley

Ashley

• Moderators
  • 2,567 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 11 February 2014 - 07:34 PM

They certainly COULD re-structure their game in a way that allows them to add the new features.

I think players are happier when companies put focus in keeping a few apps constantly updated as opposed to making a game, dumping it and moving on to the next, and repeating.

I have to consider these things as a game developer myself.
  • jasnology likes this

#51 €Dragonking€

€Dragonking€

Grand Master Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 09:04 PM

Anyone else limiting their own BA's by skipping turn on second BA? Getting prepped for new changes? I've seen a huge drop in stego users in pvp too...

#52 Sabercrest

Sabercrest

Grand Master Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 09:21 PM

Anyone else limiting their own BA's by skipping turn on second BA? Getting prepped for new changes? I've seen a huge drop in stego users in pvp too...

In random match-ups, not a chance. If I'm lucky enough to get multiple bonus actions then I'm going to use them, as the opponent won't be skipping theirs. Doesn't make any sense to put yourself at a disadvantage. In an invite game if the opponent said they wanted to do this then I'd be more than willing to go along with it however.

#53 Ashley

Ashley

• Moderators
  • 2,567 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 11 February 2014 - 09:41 PM

It makes sense to put yourself at a disadvantage if it will help you after the update is out. The question is... will it? Well, you get used to playing with only one bonus action. That's how you'll be playing later on. 

I'm of the opinion that one should never base his or her strategy on something that will be removed or nerfed later. When I found Stegospike was getting nerfed, I immediately took it out of my team. I put myself at a disadvantage, but I found strategies to use without it and became good at using them. 

And then when it does get nerfed, those people who haven't done what I did will be at a disadvantage and I'll be at an advantage.

• Winvestor likes this

#54 Sabercrest

Sabercrest

Grand Master Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:37 PM

I wouldn't consider bonus actions a strategy, it's completely luck based now and it will be completely luck based after the update as well. You can't choose anything about them, other than making sure you have S ranked arks. Limiting yourself to just one will put you at a disadvantage right now, and you will gain no advantage after the update either. Just because you're "used" to having only 1 BA won't change anything as we don't 'plan' for them now, we just take what we get.

I can understand where you're coming from with the Stegospike, although forcing yourself to not use an arkadian that you would normally use based on it's current stats/abilities will only really benefit you after the update if you don't have a plan or can't adjust quickly.

I don't personally use Stegospike at the moment, but if I were to use it now, then I could quite easily gain the advantages of using it right now, whilst having a plan in place to replace him when the update comes out. It would take no more than a few games after the update to be pretty much fully adjusted to not having it anymore.

#55 NMA SAUL

NMA SAUL

Legendary Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:55 PM

I can't see there going to keep this game up and running for long. If there already on about a new game it's only a matter of time before there focus turns to that and not this and when it is released people would move from this to that. Th problem I see is that none really wants a new game in my opinion. Everyone that plays this game seems to enjoy it they just don't like certain things that are going to be sorted out but if the attention turns to a new game no doubt this game is just going to crash and not last

#56 Kookaset

Kookaset

Capricious Bird

• Moderators
  • 2,978 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:58 PM

That's the problem, Saul. HI is only a few months old. Are they really going to turn away from such a young game after such a short time? Especially since there hasn't even been one update. I find it hard to believe they'll just... turn away from it, to put it gently.

As for bonus actions, if you get one, it can turn the tide of the match if used correctly. So I believe it's apart of strategy as well.

Piccio, up and out.

5BSkQtKvscU_8903736.jpg

#57 NMA SAUL

NMA SAUL

Legendary Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 11:04 PM

Maybe they won't turn away from it fully but if they release a new one there won't be any point doing anything to this game. Take call of duty for example. A new one gets released and millions get it on first day. Millions will not be able to afford it or get it straight away and carry on olaying old ones and eventually people go back on the old ones for something different again. The thing is that's millions of players and a new release for a massive game like that doesn't kill the old ones people will still play them but hunter island doesn't have millions so it will kill it

#58 Kookaset

Kookaset

Capricious Bird

• Moderators
  • 2,978 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 11:05 PM

Yeah, I feel ya. But what about Dragon Island Blue? How's that going?

Piccio, up and out.

5BSkQtKvscU_8903736.jpg

#59 Ashley

Ashley

• Moderators
  • 2,567 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 11 February 2014 - 11:08 PM

"I wouldn't consider bonus actions a strategy, it's completely luck based now and it will be completely luck based after the update as well. You can't choose anything about them, other than making sure you have S ranked arks. Limiting yourself to just one will put you at a disadvantage right now, and you will gain no advantage after the update either. Just because you're "used" to having only 1 BA won't change anything as we don't 'plan' for them now, we just take what we get."

Using less bonus actions = using more strategy. You have a higher chance of requiring more strategy if you restrict your bonus actions. And this will help you for after the update.

"I can understand where you're coming from with the Stegospike, although forcing yourself to not use an arkadian that you would normally use based on it's current stats/abilities will only really benefit you after the update if you don't have a plan or can't adjust quickly."

Which is the point. 

"I don't personally use Stegospike at the moment, but if I were to use it now, then I could quite easily gain the advantages of using it right now, whilst having a plan in place to replace him when the update comes out. It would take no more than a few games after the update to be pretty much fully adjusted to not having it anymore."

But the more you go without it, the better of a strategy you can develop without it. More time = better. So I've spent a lot of time without using it. 

• Deadpool likes this

#60 NMA SAUL

NMA SAUL

Legendary Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 11:08 PM

I never played it so I couldn't tell you. I guess people still play but from what I here no updates happen so it's only a matter of time before people are bored

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users