#1781 Z19 GaryOak

Z19 GaryOak

Master Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationPallet Town, Kanto

Posted 08 November 2017 - 03:58 AM

@VKC, let us use the ingredient monsters in battle ;)

Z19 GarciaOak

#1782 Daba

Daba

Rookie Hunter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 01:30 PM

- You'd be surprised just how little of a part stats can play in this game.

- Chronozeros actually had 60s speed. And so far no newcomer has hit the meta with the sheer magnitude that he did, so I think they're doing okay.

- I have to partially agree with you on Deodragon. He doesn't piss me off quite as much as he used to but it can be quite unfair how much damage he can do immediately out the gate. Simply restricting quick charge from being used immediately would suffice I think.

- Bunkerbeast too fast? Are you joking? It takes a whopping 160 seconds to fire off his first shot, and a shield isn't likely to help much in such a huge amount of time. I'm actually still undecided on whether he should have his time reduced.

- Some monsters just have to have weaknesses, and the auto poisoners have always struggled with damage output and always will. They have Stun Immunity and an emergency backup in Knock Back, not to mention they utterly shut down anything and everything monsters like Atrahasis and Aurodragon can cook up. That's a handsome lists of assets, so one of their few downsides is not about to be changed.

- Soulstealer and Shadowyrm left to the wayside?? I don't know how much time you spend in pvp, but those things are everywhere. SS has been a dominant part of the meta for a very very long time now, and with the new secret skill Shadowyrm is now by far the most efficient tank remover in the game.

I can see your point on the auto poisoners with knock back but my main point was that the newer monsters  are designed with overwhelming attack skills and def points that are out of whack with existing legendary mons.  I just encountered one that has swift chrono killer and double bloodthirst.  Within 150 tu's that's an overwhelming mon.  Where is the strategy to that move combo?  Shadowyrm got an upgrade that removes tanks quickly but his bloodthirst isn't activated until he gets another kill.  Playing a monster that way forces you to build a strategy.  SoulStealer ( which I play heavily in pvp) has to have a team around him built for protection, again strategy.  

With these newer mons, the only strategy needed is a good egg hatch.  Where is the fun in that?

Quick blast instead of quick charge is what I suggest for deo

LOL.  Don't say that out loud.  The developers might decide to create one with quick blast, bloodthirst, unmoveable, double-hold ground (to deter excessive force) and self-reincarnate that works when the server stops responding.

#1783 RAF Alisnowpy

RAF Alisnowpy

Grand Master Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 02:57 PM

Delugazar the one you are talkig about needs so much protection to survive cuz it can be stunned/poisoned/sleep yes it has great attacking moves but cant take a hit so other players targets it so fast

I own 3 AP and find them so good to use in pvp to counter so many things,yes poison eater is a bit weak sometimes but the two passives are so good and KB is really good

#1784 RNA Lucrayzor

RNA Lucrayzor

The Alpha

• Moderators
  • 1,800 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 04:51 PM

I can see your point on the auto poisoners with knock back but my main point was that the newer monsters are designed with overwhelming attack skills and def points that are out of whack with existing legendary mons. I just encountered one that has swift chrono killer and double bloodthirst. Within 150 tu's that's an overwhelming mon. Where is the strategy to that move combo? Shadowyrm got an upgrade that removes tanks quickly but his bloodthirst isn't activated until he gets another kill. Playing a monster that way forces you to build a strategy. SoulStealer ( which I play heavily in pvp) has to have a team around him built for protection, again strategy.
With these newer mons, the only strategy needed is a good egg hatch. Where is the fun in that?

LOL. Don't say that out loud. The developers might decide to create one with quick blast, bloodthirst, unmoveable, double-hold ground (to deter excessive force) and self-reincarnate that works when the server stops responding.

Delugazar can be lethal to be sure, but he is very easy to get rid of. He takes one hit, he goes down, no hg, no revenge shenanigans, no nothing.

Regarding Shadowyrm, needing 2 kills is just part of the deal. Finding targets has always been hard, which precisely why he was buffed recently by getting the secret skill. He just hit S+ on the tier list since he can now immediately kill any frontline protector, which is a massively impressive feat, and he only needs one more target after that to get bloodthirst going rather than two. That sounds pretty fair to me.

Come on though, is soulstealer really that hard to set up? Keep him protected, pair him with frostrider or a team turner, and that's about it. Sure he requires the strategy to revolve around him, but actually building the strategy is really not hard at all.

Honestly though I'm not sure where your argument about individual monsters having "strategy" comes from. How much strategy is involved with Rexotyrant? Or Burnsalot? Or Aegisdragon? They're all fairly old monsters, but I don't see how they have any more "strategy" than Delugazar. Those you mostly just drop into your team and hope they do their job right, they don't have a whole lot of major good or bad chemistry with anything else, except the basic sweeper + give turn connection. Seems about the same thing you'd do with Delugazar.
"It is in my nature to be kind, gentle and loving... but know this: when it comes to matters of protecting my friends, my family and my heart... do not trifle with me. For I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know..."

#1785 Z19 GaryOak

Z19 GaryOak

Master Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationPallet Town, Kanto

Posted 10 November 2017 - 02:16 AM

SS is so easy to use that even IDFWU can run it.

Z19 GaryOak
  • RNA Lucrayzor likes this

#1786 Z19 IDFWU

Z19 IDFWU

Master Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the USA

Posted 13 November 2017 - 09:14 PM

SS is so easy to use that even IDFWU can run it.

Z19 GaryOak

😤😲
Ayy she is bae 😍....

#1787 justadam

justadam

Rookie Hunter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 07:10 AM

I think you guys need to add some status icons to monsters. Like showing the monster’s passive skills such as excessive force, hold ground and whether overwatch/shield is on. I know there’s the text. But that only shows one status.
  • TNB iSegal likes this

#1788 Z19 Wolfhunt3r

Z19 Wolfhunt3r

Grand Master Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts
  • LocationPhilippines-Alabang

Posted 15 November 2017 - 08:50 AM

I think you guys need to add some status icons to monsters. Like showing the monster’s passive skills such as excessive force, hold ground and whether overwatch/shield is on. I know there’s the text. But that only shows one status.

I prefer it like it is, punishes those who don't pay attention. 

Buff Prismas damage, and his link stuff...

#1789 RAF Alisnowpy

RAF Alisnowpy

Grand Master Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 01:16 PM

Can we get a similar feature to the one when we try playing against pvp team to test new teams but buffed to try diffrent setups for UC as we dont have time to test diffrent teams in UC cuz all tokens are needed to be used
  • RAF RCZzz likes this

#1790 justadam

justadam

Rookie Hunter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 01:29 PM

I prefer it like it is, punishes those who don't pay attention.

That’s not the issue. The issue is, us casual players cannot put in the time to remember all the various monsters stats. And also because we don’t own much of the monsters used in events, we haven’t a clue what their skills are until we play against them.

I also noticed some strange (maybe by design), monsters that do not have the excessive force skill, able to one-shot my monsters in the events. I cannot tell if it’s an added buff or a bug.

I also run my battles on speed up mode to save time (for obvious reasons), so the attacks are glossed over.

#1791 RAF Alisnowpy

RAF Alisnowpy

Grand Master Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 01:53 PM

That’s not the issue. The issue is, us casual players cannot put in the time to remember all the various monsters stats. And also because we don’t own much of the monsters used in events, we haven’t a clue what their skills are until we play against them.

I also noticed some strange (maybe by design), monsters that do not have the excessive force skill, able to one-shot my monsters in the events. I cannot tell if it’s an added buff or a bug.

I also run my battles on speed up mode to save time (for obvious reasons), so the attacks are glossed over.

It can be a new feature to see opponent monsters stats and moves when you press on it without choosibg a skill

And in pvp you would have to do that and see the skills and play im less than 30 sec

#1792 justadam

justadam

Rookie Hunter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 05:52 PM

It can be a new feature to see opponent monsters stats and moves when you press on it without choosibg a skill
And in pvp you would have to do that and see the skills and play im less than 30 sec

I had no idea you can do that on pvp. Then again. It’s not very user friendly. Having to press every monster every round to check their status.

#1793 RAF Alisnowpy

RAF Alisnowpy

Grand Master Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 05:59 PM

I had no idea you can do that on pvp. Then again. It’s not very user friendly. Having to press every monster every round to check their status.

You can do what on pvp?play your move in 30 sec?

#1794 Zardecil

Zardecil

Flarevern with Capture Cards

• Moderators
  • 4,751 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 07:23 AM

As you play the game you learn movesets.

Haven’t had to memorize anything at all.

Giff limiteds, not 10 hour airhorn videos.

#1795 Killerdog

Killerdog

Expert Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 12:11 PM

You can view legendaries movesets and stats when you pick a friend's monster, they're featured in an egg, in SCB test battle and in bi-weekly missions. This should give you enough places to take a look and learn all the monsters' movesets slowly as you play the game. There's also the wiki which details them all.

I like how the game expects you to learn all the monsters properly with time, pay attention and then in PvP it won't even say which enemy will take extra damage from a move like chrono killer just to test you. It takes a few months to learn everything but when you see the same monsters over and over you get there :)
  • RNA Lucrayzor and Z19 Wolfhunt3r like this

#1796 justadam

justadam

Rookie Hunter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 02:49 PM

You can do what on pvp?play your move in 30 sec?

Sorry misread.

You can view legendaries movesets and stats when you pick a friend's monster, they're featured in an egg, in SCB test battle and in bi-weekly missions. This should give you enough places to take a look and learn all the monsters' movesets slowly as you play the game. There's also the wiki which details them all.
I like how the game expects you to learn all the monsters properly with time, pay attention and then in PvP it won't even say which enemy will take extra damage from a move like chrono killer just to test you. It takes a few months to learn everything but when you see the same monsters over and over you get there :)

I’m not referring to their active moves. I am referring to their statuses and passive skills such as stun immunity, protect teammates/protector focus/auto protect, shield/iron shield, excessive force, hold ground, poison revenge, death revenge, etc.

And as mentioned, this is for casual players, not dedicated players. Maybe the devs could add an option to turn this feature off for hardcore players such as yourself. :)

#1797 Killerdog

Killerdog

Expert Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 04:14 PM

I’m not referring to their active moves. I am referring to their statuses and passive skills such as stun immunity, protect teammates/protector focus/auto protect, shield/iron shield, excessive force, hold ground, poison revenge, death revenge, etc.

I totally agree when it comes to shields, stealth and maybe mortar loaded. These things are factors in combat which can be hard to track when the fight is complicated. However, learning the monsters is a huge part of the game itself in my opinion and I don't think any revenge passives or hold ground should be displayed. The Devs made the choice of showing sleep immunity and some rare ones like stun counter, which I'm pleased about and agree with. But the generic ones can be learnt or simply anticipated. As for protect teammates, any one which happens automatically is displayed and the ones which use it as a skill you can see them use it and find out very quickly if you target something else. All protector monsters can be learnt very quickly so you can anticipate them using it too.

I can't fully appreciate what it's like to be a casual player and I'm sorry if I'm too harsh with my opinions. But I don't believe we need everything displayed, just the following:
- sleep immunity
- stun counter
- stun converter
- auto protect
- auto protect plus
- camouflage
- bad friend field
- rallying field
- stealth*
- shield*
- mortar loaded*

^ star indicating what I would like added. Forgive me if I missed any rare ones which are shown already. I also can't remember if things pop up when the monster enters then disappears.
  • RNA Lucrayzor and Z19 Wolfhunt3r like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users